You can back up and restore your WhatsApp chat history to your New iPhone with iCloud. Follow the steps below 👇
Back up to iCloud
First Let’s backup your Whatsapp to iCloud.
- You must be signed in with the Apple ID you use to access iCloud.
- You must have iOS 10 or newer and iCloud Drive must be turned on.
- There must be enough free space on both your iCloud and iPhone. You need to have at least 2.05 times the space available in your iCloud account and on your phone than the actual size of your backup.
- Back up on Wi-Fi is better then Cellular Data.
Steps to process Manual Backup
- Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now (This will take time to backup all your WhatsApp data to your iCloud)
- Verify that an iCloud backup exists in WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. (If everything finish there will be a text says “Last Back was on 25th May 2021”)
Restore Whatsapp iCloud Backup to New iPhone
Awesome you have Finished the Backup process on your Old iPhone and now lets Restore it to the New iPhone.
- Install WhatsApp on your New iPhone
- After verifying your phone number, follow the prompts to restore your chat history.
- When Everything finish continue use Whatsapp. 😊
Apple Support Sri Lanka
If you still facing any issues Contact Apple Support Sri Lanka